Thursday 1 May 2014

38weeks(9months) post op-

I saw pain management on Monday (28th April) and After going through some questions with a nurse I saw my Doctor he was going through all of the options with me, my sister and mom. He has started me off with some cream it contains some type of chillie this is to try and help desensitize all of my back,rib and thighs he said it works in some people and others it doesn't. I am quite scared to us the cream, I know it sounds silly but I am, I cant even touch the parts affected my self so I don't know how im going to get on with it. The other option was him Lasering my back, from what ive gathered its like a bigger Laser pointer? but I guess if the cream don't work he will discuss it in more detail.
I am also getting quite worried about the way I walk, it isn't normal that is for sure and I don't know how or if it will get fixed. I am waiting for my referral off my surgeon for physio but he said I can only have 'Gentle Physio' whatever that means... He has also asked my Doctors surgery to do a futher assessment on my reflux, I now have the tablets and it was going well but today I have been sick.

Although I am still struggling and I do find things hard something are starting to get a little easier I have to admit I never thought it would be so hard for me at first to do the simplest thing like putting a pair of socks on or trousers but that has seemed to get easier, n1ot 100% but it will get there I know it will! things I do still find hard is having a shower (still yes still!) and do everyday tasks around the house like washing up and all. I can make a cup of tea and I can wash up (to a certain extent) but im still not all sorted.

I was tempted to see how far I could bend and that the other day, I didn't do it for long just 5mins but it was a shock at how far I can bend with my fusion (T1-L2) I cant bend much but over time I will get used to it. I have put some pictures below of the outcome and I have also included a picture of how my legs are when I walk..
Kirsty:) xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment