Wednesday 23 April 2014

37weeks (9months) post op-

Last week was a very tough week, on Monday just before we saw my consultant  we got the news that my loan horse of 4years had to be put down so we spend every afternoon with him it was the longest I've ever stayed at the stables but every second was worth it, on thursday (17th april) we said our final goodbye to boris, it wasn't easy but knowing he was suffering made it easier, I'll never forget Boris he has helped me through so much, I owe him everything.  On a better note I got my body protector on Saturday that meant I could finally ride my horse again, the first proper time in 9months! It was great, I was a little bit sore and tired after but I'm sure it will get better as time goes on.
I'm seeing pain management next Monday (28th) I'm am so hoping they can sort my hypersensitivity and numbness out as it now seems to be getting worse..just after my first operation it was down my thighs but now the one on my left thigh has spreaded to my knee:( I don't want it to keep getting worse, also I still haven't received my tablets for my sickness/ acid reflux I still constantly feel sick but for the past 2/3days it hasn't  happened I'm hoping I can go a few more days with out being sick but I doubt it:/. It cant be that hard to sort some tablets out right?
Below are some pictures of me having a little walk about on Max and Jimbo I wasn't on the long. Jimbo was a bit too fizzy and fast because he has been recovering from laminitis so I don't think I will be riding him again until he calms down abit I really don't want to damage my back this early on. Also I have put a picture of how my scar is looking and a picture of me and boris a few days before he had to be put down:)
Kirsty xxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment