Thursday 7 August 2014

52weeks(12months)post 1st op and 22weeks (5months) post 2nd op- 1 YEAR POST OP!!!

Omg what a year it has been! Yesterday I turned 1 year post op, I cant actually believe that this time yesterday I would have just being coming out of theatre, wow. It has been a very emotional year full of its ups, downs and a few set backs but I really didn't think I would be where I am today this time last year. I am so so so happy that I have had my Spinal fusion surgery. I feel that it is now that I can really relate and help other teens/people through there scoliosis journey, as we all know it isn't the most easiest one. I still remember my highs and lows from my stay in hospital and they will be something that stay with me forever. that very stiff, board like feeling when you are coming around from the operation, and the feeling of not wanting to move incase anything happens, then there is the weird, strange, scary feeling and fear of sitting up on the edge of the bed, it is the littlest things like that you overcome will make you feel like you can achieve anything. All the pain, limitations, worry and fear was truly worth it and I know it will be for everyone else to.  I cant wait to see what the future brings for me now, I can do things I wasn't able to because of this operation. im still struggling a bit and I know im not 100% but I feel better than 1 did before all of this.
I will be posting more about my hospital times in the days to come, but for now, here are some photos from when I was in hospital I found the other day!
Kirsty xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment