Wednesday 20 August 2014

54 weeks(12months!)post first op and 24 weeks(5months) post the second op

Well this week has started with a phone call off the hospital to say that my surgeon had received the email the registrar sent him on Friday regarding me being knocked over and he wanted to see me ASAP! so we had to be at the hospital at 2pm that afternoon. I had to have xrays so the wait was ages and ages, Well the results you are probably wondering?...Everything seems okish with the metal and spine apart from the top set of hooks that are not looking right, so he has asked for a CT scan to make sure they haven't broken or moved. he said it could be a xray error but he is not certain it is. I hope it  is but if something is wrong then that adds up to why my back at the top is hurting. If it has moved or broken there is a possibility of more surgery to fix it. not what I or anyone wants really, so lets just hope its nothing! I will have the CT scan in a few weeks and he wants to see me in clinic to discuss the outcome.
My surgeon also said I still have restriction due to my spine not fusing yet..which isn't good. I was hoping when I hit a year post op I could just 'get on' with my life without having to rethink things but I guess its just going to be one of those things in life we have no control of. It has in very few places started to show a little sign of some fusing but not a lot. just have to wait for it to fully fuse and ill be a very happy bunny! while my spine is fusing there is more pressure (or something) on the 'stress points' which are above and below the fusion, so I guess that is why im not allowed to do anything other than walking on my horses and probably why I cant still do things I want.
Because of what happened I had to give Physio a miss on Wednesday, its a shame as I only get it every few weeks. but I have to wait for this CT scan to come through and then the results, Such an exciting life I lead!

Tomorrow I am going shopping with a friend, I haven't seen him since I left college so it shall be nice to have a catch up. Whilst everyone is at college,uni and in job in just sitting here still and I hate it, in some ways I still feel useless but in others I know how far I have came.
here is my xray from Mondays appointment its actually the first time ive seen my spine since I had my left rod trimmed, it looks great now, one year on and my spine is still looking nice and straight!
Kirsty xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment