Thursday 13 March 2014

31weeks(7months) post op-

feel like I have taken tons of steps back since my 2nd operation a week ago, I was only just starting to feel like my old self. I was only just getting to the point of being able to do slightly more. I guess you can say its taking me a good while to recover, longer than some I suppose. im getting annoyed at the fact I still can't do everything I want but I know it's could take up to a year(or longer) to be able to!! It's only been 7months since my first operation so In some ways I'm doing great. I just have to remember that everyones body is different, everyone heals differently and that now  its MY life and can choose how live it,not my back controlling my every move.
Before my operation I became so wonky. My shoulders were so uneven and my right hip stuck out loads, when I used to walk I used to use my right hip to rest my arm on when it ached,I couldn't sit in a chair 'normally' I would fall to the left and slouch, it was embarrassing. I was constantly out of breath. I used to bend to get something off the floor and my massive rib hump would appear, I didn't want it there nor should it have been there but I guess it became a part of me for a while but now I don't I don't have that to worry about my back is straighter than i Ever imagined it to be I may have lost flexibility from the length of the fusion but at this moment in time it doesn't really bother me,I now how have something to be proud of and I am very proud of my journey so far:) 
Kirsty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment