Monday 24 February 2014

29 weeks (7months) post op- second operation

So this afternoon my mom and dad got a phone call from the hospital to say that my consultant has checked my CT scan and he wants me to have my revision surgery next Tuesday!! im so much shock, I only had the CT scan last Monday I wasn't expecting it at all he said he wanted to see us in clinic before he arranged anything in our last appointment and now he said he wanted to operate ASAP! I was at the yard at the time with my brother explaining to him how to muck out a horse for when my sister has her fusion. To be honest i'm scared, as scared as I was when I had my fusion, we don't really know the details of the operation or what he is planning on doing but all we now is to expect me to be in there a few days but im sure we will get the full details when I have my pre op on Wednesday.

I'm hoping to get back on my horse soon, I sat on him whilst he was tacked up the other day (Naughty me!!) it felt so so strange I didn't sit wonky and I didn't hunch over. im quite happy now as I look like any other rider when I get on a horse and not having to depend on people to help with my hip etc.
Below is me sitting on Jimbo for the first time is 7months, I wont be able to get back on him until im fully recovered from this operation now heck im still not recovered from the first one!!
kirsty xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment