Tuesday 11 February 2014

27weeks(6months)post op- A not so picture perfect appointment!:(

I saw my consultant, Mr Mehta yesterday with my twin sister, After waiting 2hours in the xray department to have up-to-date xrays taken we were finally called to see him. It wasn't much good news for both of us really, After I told I was having really bad pain in my neck he checked it and said that it could either be a dislodged hook or That its because my left rod is too long either way it will mean another operation, I will be having a CT scan in a few weeks so he can see which one is causing the pain and I will see him after that to discuss it all. I really didn't think I would need another op but if it will get rid or help with my neck pain I have no choice really. I am also being referred to pain management because the numbness/hypersensitivity in my leg and back isn't getting any better so he is hoping that they can give me some type of cream to help with that.
My sister has also been told that her Scheuermanns kyphosis curve is now 76degrees and now has to go ahead  with Spinal Fusion Surgery too. We really wasn't expecting to hear it at all! we knew surgery was a possibility for her but now hearing it is another thing. I really didn't want her to have to go through all I did, the pain, the fear, the toughness, although it does all get better with time, She doesn't deserve it nobody does!! Mr Mehta did say he will be able to do it will posterior surgery only and not what I was going to have to have (Anterior and Posterior!) im glad in a way I only had posteror as I don't think id of coped with having the both operations in one go!

I have uploaded my xrays from yesterday and also my twin sisters kyphosis xrays aswell!
Kirsty xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment