Sunday 1 December 2013

Third post

So a year ago today I made the massive decision to have surgery by all means it wasn't easy I was petrified, I went to the appointment with a list of questions to ask my consultant which included 'will my back continue to get worse?'  'will I always be in constant pain?' and my most important one 'will I be able to ride my horses again?'. I also had lots of fears and worries ' what can go wrong?' 'howwill I be able to bend?' 'will i look like a robot?'and a another big one 'what's the risk of paralysis?'. I am quite lucky in ways as my consultant says it how it is and doesn't sugar coat anything so basically you know he is being truthful.  After my consultant when through everything and the procedure I spoke with my family for a few minutes, for me being 17 at the time I wanted the biggest say on what the decision was, taking everything in account I agree to have the operation,  even after how scary it sounded. I left that appointment questioning if I made the right choice and now 4 months post the surgery I feel that I did, it wasn't easy and yes there are a few things I would love to forget but my back looks so much nicer than my 95degree kyphosis curve ever did. This year has been full of different hospital appointments for my back and I hope In the future that I wont have to go that much.
Kirsty:)

No comments:

Post a Comment