Thursday 26 December 2013

20 weeks(5months)post op- not all plain sailing!

Some things have been kind of bothering me lately and it's annoying me because of course I'm extremely happy with my new very straight back in fact I'm over the moon with it...it's just that after the operation I developed a big numb/hyper sensitive patch on my left thigh and a smaller patch on my right thigh  I can't stand anything knocking it or touching it even clothes sometimes! I told my surgeon and he said it could either have been caused by lying in the same position for 11/12hours like I did in theatre or them knocking a nerve, he said the 'normal' feeling that I should have may or may not come back.. I really hope it does as the feelings horrible! I also have very sore ribs and a few ribs that stick out on the front of my body this is because of the type of curve I had and my ribs grew deformed when I hit a growth spurt probably no surgeon will touch them as if they do it will have w massive affect of my breathing, I had problems with shortness of breath and my breathing in gerenal do I don't want to have that again.
Another thing is that again because of my operation I have not much feeling in my back at the moment and I can't stand people,clothes and water touching any of back, I come out the shower in tears because of the strange/weird/nasty feeling of the water touching my back and because of it I'm really struggling to wash my hair that and the fact I'm so used to bending my back while washing it and I can't now. My surgeon is saying you can get a type of cream that helps with the numbness in my back but if I get it I really don't know how I'm supposed to put it on as I said I can't stand ANYTHING touching my back:( like the patches of my thighs the feel may or may not fully come back:'(.
This past few weeks I have been getting some pain in my lower neck and lower back I have been taking paracetamols to try and help but it's something I'm going to ask my surgeon about it as it the pain in my lower back is below my fusion where the 3vertebrae I have left are, I maybe just worrying to much but the pain I had before my operation started out the same way I really don't want to be in that much pain again.
I'm not saying all this too scare anyone out of surgery because its the best thing I've don't but I guess I've just hit a bit of a bump on this bendy road...
Kirsty xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment