Wednesday 9 July 2014

48weeks(11months)post 1st op and 18weeks(4months) post 2nd op-

Nothing really happened last week it was quite boring really, I have just just been trying to do more with the horses, I will admit it is tiring but that is because im not used to doing it now that ive had a long time off! This week has been full of interesting stuff though, On Monday we went to my physio appointment to get there to be told it was cancelled apparently my physio was ill. It would have been nice to have been told before we had left the house but oh well. I mean it takes most people half an hour to get to the hospital and they tried ringing us at bloody 8:10am when my appointment was at 8:30am so not a good start, We then tried to re-arrange the appointment with my physio to be then told she had no more appointments available until she leaves! I have an appointment tomorrow now with a random physio. I hope to god she knows about scoliosis and spinal fusions and we actually do something or it will be another wasted journey! Today we were at ROH for my sisters pre-op, it went well she still has the lung function test, hyper extension x-rays and spinal cord monitoring test before the operation and then she will just have to wait for her 1 weeks notice, I know she is worried about it all but we are all there for her and I know she can do it! nothing will beat her<3 .
Ive finally had all my dates come through for my laser treatment, it seems to be every 3 weeks which is no so bad... I guess! I do hope they work, even if its just a little bit so my fingers are all crossed!
We had a letter today from the hospital to say my appointment with Mr Mehta had been rearranged, it was 29th of September now its a month later in October, This was suppose to be my one year check up but it seems the one year mark will have already gone by the time I have seen him! I would have liked to have gone through a few things with him, but I guess they may have to wait now.

On a slightly more positive note, i have an interview at the Northern Racing College!!!! Its is on the 18th or 19th of September, im excited about this as it is means my life can hopefully get back on track but the interview involves a military fitness test...I don't even know if i am aloud to do it! it involves running, sit ups and press ups and a lot more. I will admit i am super super unfit. i haven't properly exercised since i left school...like 3 years ago now? so i have a lot of work to do. I also have to obtain a letter from Mr Mehta to say i am fit enough to do the fitness test and the course, it will slightly hard now considering my appointments not until October...So i either have to ring his secretary or ring NRC and ask if there is any chance i can re arrange the interview for like November.. at least id be more fit then right?
kirsty:) xxxx

1 comment:

  1. I am in the same boat and I really think you should talk to both of them you deserve to do the things you love in life no matter how hard you have to work and your body will tell you when your ready

    ReplyDelete