Monday 14 April 2014

36weeks(9months) post op-

Alot has been happening over the past week or so, I have been trying to do more and more, I have been attempting to take my dog Bruce for a walk every night. It is a challenge but I know If i keep at it i will be able to do it! 
After my second operation my leg started to swell up the nurse I saw reassured me and my mom it was because I wasn't doing enough walking ect so that is why I started walking the dog and trying to see my horse but after a few days it got worse and the stitching I had came even looser so today (14th april) I saw my consultant for my 6 week post op check he checked my leg and told me just to keep the hospital stockings on and to just keep doing everything I'm doing and he hopes it goes down also he got one of the nurses to sort the stitch out, it was very unpleasant but it was over within a second or two! I am also having the same tablets I had the last time as I'm constantly being sick again and I will be starting physio not for my back but for my legs this is because ever since my dirt operation I have been finding walking hard, I walk different to everyone like a penguin really haha! But I'm sure it will all get sorted.
I also asked a few questions which were playing on my mind and guess what?!?!?!
I HAVE THE ALL CLEAR TO RIDE AGAIN!!! Ok ok I am only allow to get on from time to time and Just walk but it is a start!!!! I will be able to do everything again when I'm one year post op including galloping and jumping I will have to wear a body protector from now on but I will it is better riding with a deformed spine and take extra care here and here:) my consultant even said I maybe able to go to the Northern Racing College in the future probably not riding there but doing a non ridden course which is something I thought was so out of the question now my spine is fused. I have 4months of not seeing my consultant it's the longest I have gone without an appointment (well since the operation anyways!) but if I have any problems I am welcome to make an appointment to see him but hopefully I don't have to:) 
I cannot wait now to see pain managent to get the hypersensitive and numb parts sorted and then I'm hoping all will be good!:)
Kirsty xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment