Sunday 2 November 2014

64 weeks(15months) post 1st op and 34weeks post2nd op-

well where do I begin? I saw Mr Mehta on Monday so I explained to him about everything that's going on and the pains I was getting the outcome of it all really is a mixture. I am having this injection thing in where my ribcage is because of pain, I am not looking forward to it one bit I hate needles, I'm super needle phobic so I really don't know how this will plan out, I was hoping there was something else that could have been done like the registrar said the last time we went but there isn't. Apparently rib resection is mainly used for people with scoliosis and the part that us deformed is one of the main ribs. I honestly don't know if I'm upset about this, of course I am really, it's lumpy and vile, I'm 19 and I cannot even wear a bra properly because of he pain and awkwardness of it., my ribcage sticks out a lot to me and it bothers me, ok I know I wouldn't have been 100% perfect but I wasn't expecting this before my operation at all. I hate kyphoisis a lot of the times, especially times like this. I don't like to be negative, I really don't but to Me it's quite embarrassing, not being able to wear a bra for more than an hour with it hurting and bothering a lot, even then I can't have anything with wire or anything like that, oh no. I am so thankful for my fusion and I love my new back it just seems to be only me that's having some type of problems.
I am also starting physio again, but this time I think it's at ROH, I am still having aweird psin where max knocked me over so I hope that will help. Other than that mr m is getting my ct scan re check to see if there is a small possibility of them missing anything,

I also saw my GP on Tuesday for a check up. Well I didnt have good news from that either, I weight 45kg 2/3 weeks ago and I managed to loose 2 kg meaning I'm 43kg now, so I am going to see a dietition. My GP is also wanting to discuss weight gain drinks/ supplement stuff. The thought of putting weight on is scary, I don't want to. I mean I'm happy aren't I? I don't want to be over weight, or chubby:( I once had fat rolls, I never ever want them again! My rods and screws are starting to become prominant, we found that out when we saw mr Mehta, even he is now saying putting on weight may help. Like I've stated before I dont like letting everyone down or anything but it's really hard and I wish some people would see it'
I am seeing my CPN tomorrow, so there will be a update on that after its happened.
Kirsty xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment