Monday 9 June 2014

44weeks(10months)post first op and 14weeks(3months) post second op-

Things are not going quite as expected with the capsincin (chillie cream) my pain management doctor gave me for the hypersensitive and numb areas on my body. I've been putting it on since april 2-3 times a day but I haven't felt a difference and I know lot of people which have used the cream, they all said to be careful  but I put it all over my thigh, ribcage  at first and I didn't feel a thing no tingling or burning like my PM doctor said. Even when i put it on my back there is still nothing. I thought I would have felt even the littlest feeling back but no. Nothing. My mom decided to ring his secetary as it was no point in waiting untill probably very late this year to see him again and I am having to have it all lasered after all, not the outcome I was hoping for but I have atleast go to try it,so I will be having 4lots of it before September when I see Mr Mehta again, like everything there is that chance it won't work but they hope it does and I do to! If not I will most likely either have to have gablapentin, a tablet for nerve damage or something or just get use to the fact that my back, ribcage is numb and I have hypersensitive patches.
I have recently being having stapping type pain in my ribcage it's the side which is deformed due to how my back was. It is horrible and I do hope it passes and doesn't stay, I really don't know what it could be or why it is there., I guess for now it is a mystery. I have stopped being sick yay! I am starting to feel better in myself because of this and I'm hoping it continues like this so I don't have to have the camera in the stomach.
Physio is going great so far, I'm happy with it at first I had some pain in my lower back,near the rods but it's not hurting as much now, I just get tired very easy. I have had one sessions few for a few weeks which is good, all of the muscles in my legs are very very weak and the muscle at the bottom of my leg is very tight so I have a lot of work to do. My physio said I walk the way I do because my body has gone in like defensive mode so I'm trying my hardest to walk more normally which is so so hard. It also seems to to be that my right leg is a lot weaker and I have to really think about what I want it to do in order for it to do it. I guess and I'm hoping it will get better in time.
I am going on a taster day at the northern racing college on the 27th June so I'm looking forward to having a look around and seeing if I want to go there when I'm fully recovered, there is two foundation courses a ridden one and a non-ridden one, I would love to do the ridden one but I'm not sure with my back so I'll ask about it all when I go, I'll also have the chance if I want to have ago on the horse racing stimulators, It will be very interesting to see if I am able to do everything like normal with my back. I suppose all anyone can ever do is try so that's exactly what I'm planning on doing. I've never let my back stop me before so why should this be an exception?
Kirsty xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment