Saturday 30 November 2013

First Post :)

Id thought id kick the blog off with abit about me. I am now 18 years old and i have been a very keen horse rider for longer than i can remember, i have a horse called Jimbo who is just great and helped me through so much he has been there done that and used to be a cracking jumping pony, then there is Max a horse i look after for a lady at our yard he is a very cheeky pony but when he knows who is boss jumps lovely! Due to me having a massive interest in horses i decided  to go to college and study them which i have recently finished and loved! When I was 14 years old in2009 my parents noticed my back looked abit different so after a lot of GP appts,physio,X-rays and 2 consultations I was  diagnosed with scoliosis it was april 2010by that time and after being referred to The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham For a check up for my scoliosis i was diagnosed with scheuermanns kyphosis at the age of 15 in feb 2011, it was too late for bracing so they decided to 'watch and wait' for a year in april 2012 my kyphoisis curve was at 95degrees and thankfully my scoliosis was still classed as mild because there is no cure for the 2 conditions surgery was the best and only option I had to stop it getting any worse which I finally said yes too in December 2012. On the 6th August 2013 I had the surgery it's wasn't easy believe me , the hardest thing I've ever had too do but if I was given the chance again I wouldn't change a thing.

Kirsty:)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsty, I just found your Youtube channel link on your blog, may I ask what local hospital before RNOH you went to? I've had the same experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya it was walsall manor hospital x

      Delete
    2. Thank you for answering! I'm glad you got your surgery. The general hospital I went to only diagnosed me with Scoliosis too (when I was 14 in November 2008). Fast forward to March 2021 I also went to RNOH and got told I have idiopathic thoracic kyphosis 85 degrees.

      Delete