Thursday 22 January 2015

76weeks (18 months) post 1st op and 46weeks (10months) post the 2nd operation-

Its now been a year and a half since my spinal fusion surgery! im amazed I've got this far, If you would have told me  that id look like or be the person who I am now, back then i'd laugh in your face.
 Im a different person- by that I mean in a good way! I have more confidence and a overall better out look on my life, my curved spine no longer defines me, I know it shouldn't have but it did, it completely changed how people saw me, they did see me for the real me they just saw me as Kirsty, you know the shy,  short, hutched back girl who wouldn't even have confidence to go speak to someone including friends, but now my life is getting better as I get better.

i feel that a part of my confidence actually comes from my scar, its may sound very daft but for me it doesn't, our scars show courage, bravery, it shows we have been through something so tough, so challenging and have made it through it better than we ever was, its life changing and not many people can say  they have a scar going from the bottom of the necks to near there bum, but we can. We are in ways are like warriors, we fight and we then carry on, we have own our little battle wound to prove it! we shouldn't be a shamed of our scars they are a part of us embrace it, i for one am super proud of my scar and i think everyone with one should be aswell!

It still amazes me how many people see my scar and have try to pass comments, on how i should get a tattoo over it or cover it up, why should i? my scar is me, i shouldn't have to, if i want to go out in a low cut top to show it, i have every right to, why should i have to be ashamed of something i find beautiful, so straight, and something that means a whole lot to me, i shouldn't have to,nor should you have to aswell.

this is a picture of my scar now and a photo of my scar when i first had my operation, Also here us a picture of my sisters scar when she has her dressing changed Wednesday night.
remember-  In every wound there is a Scar,Every scar tells a story, A story that says i survived'
Kirsty! xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment