Friday 26 December 2014

72weeks (17months) post first op and 42weeks (10months) post 2nd op!-

It's boxing day, that means it was Christmas yesterday! My favourite time of year, everyone seems so much more jollier and happier at Christmas, it's nice to see:)
With Christmas in mind I haven't had time to post i feel bad for that, things have been happening and I will update you -
I had physio on the 16th December  it went good and it wasn't what I was expecting really, he gave me 3 excerses to do to help my shouldetblade as apparently the left of sticks out abit, it's to make it flatter. He also said my muscles around it are very weak and stiff so he was massaging them to 'wake' and loosen  them up at abit. It did feel odd but actually nice!!
I also had a letter from the hospital ( explaining what happened in clinic when I saw mr mehta last time) and there was a paragraph that took me by surprise really, he mentioned about the radiology  department having a look at my X-rays and checking for pseudarthrosis andi I was suspected they should do a SPECT CT scan. Well Monday we had a call from my surgeons secretary and guess what? They want to do the scan its looking like it will be done next year and they are also are planning on doing my intercostal block after the scan so I could be waiting a long long time yet. I'm not sure what will happen after the scan or how we will get the result or anything like I said its take me by surprise!
Jemma's operation is fast approaching its in 10days! We go to see mr Mehta next week to go through everything. I'm more nervous about her operation than I was my own!
I'll update you more next week:)
Kirsty xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment